The Biverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

History made in gmod this day!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
supλtails3
Gmod Player
Gmod Player
supλtails3

History made in gmod this day! Empty
PostSubject: History made in gmod this day!   History made in gmod this day! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:32 am

July 27th 2009 is a day that definitely WILL be remembered, It is the day that the source player limit was broken extremely! And didn't crash at all! The previous limit being 64 players per server was put to shame with a whopping 128 players on the Sassilization deathrun server! The server was always complained about being constantly full seeing it's one of the few servers to host deathrun maps (the third alternate game-mode I've ever played in gmod, first being zombie survival, second being pirate roleplay *shiver*) The administrators were fed up with these complaints and decided to pull off a daring stunt which succeeded!
About 25 minutes into the event with no crashes, although quite a few were kicked from timeouts and consistency failures, Garry Newman joined to see how it turned out. It didn't go nearly as bad as most had imagined, ran SOMEWHAT smoothly as in it was far more server lag than player lag, I didn't lag at all (as in the fps) but there was HUGE amounts of player lag and you would occasionally freeze there for a second or two, still able to look around though, so really anyone on any computer could have played it as long as they had a strong internet connection, lucky me the other day Tony was getting annoyed at getting kicked (timeout) from all the servers in Call of Duty 4 so he called the internet service we're using, it turns out we were using the lowest level so he upgraded full! No more timeouts for me! :P
Garry officially raised the limit GMod Tower. Now their servers haven't got enough RAM so they are going to upgrade from 8GB to 16GB this week, the servers are always full so it needs to be heightened badly. I honestly thought this would be possible since I played on that Noxious Flatgrass server with around 68 people at once! (normally servers use different maps to keep that many people in one area) The server was like gaia in a way, you "customize" your player by choosing the model, changing your color, adding "special effects" to you and buying a hat, you get rankings and awards for doing nothing, run around and talk to people and spray paint everywhere, and let admins abuse you with terrible contraptions XD Anyway this is the big news of the week! If you read all of this you're totally History made in gmod this day! Krad2

This vid was uploaded by my freind super toaster, who is also a mapper but he maps for tf2 (unnecessary information)

Back to top Go down
https://thebiverse.forumotion.com
Rule-Buster

Rule-Buster

PostSubject: Re: History made in gmod this day!   History made in gmod this day! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 7:24 pm

once agian i saw the post and didnt watch the vid
Back to top Go down
supλtails3
Gmod Player
Gmod Player
supλtails3

PostSubject: Re: History made in gmod this day!   History made in gmod this day! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 8:09 pm

Why? confused
Back to top Go down
Rule-Buster

Rule-Buster

PostSubject: Re: History made in gmod this day!   History made in gmod this day! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 7:16 am

i dont get it...
Back to top Go down
supλtails3
Gmod Player
Gmod Player
supλtails3

PostSubject: Re: History made in gmod this day!   History made in gmod this day! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:43 am

If you watch the video you would =P It's the very first server with 128 people on it which was thought to be impossible
The video is only 1:27 and you only have to watch a few seconds of it to understand whats going on T^T
Back to top Go down
Rule-Buster

Rule-Buster

PostSubject: Re: History made in gmod this day!   History made in gmod this day! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 7:06 pm

yeah i watched the video... read the pot... whats so great about it?
Back to top Go down
supλtails3
Gmod Player
Gmod Player
supλtails3

PostSubject: Re: History made in gmod this day!   History made in gmod this day! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:25 pm

I kinda explained just a little whats so great about it
Back to top Go down
Rule-Buster

Rule-Buster

PostSubject: Re: History made in gmod this day!   History made in gmod this day! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:46 pm

its not exciting
Back to top Go down
DRAZiACH

DRAZiACH

PostSubject: Re: History made in gmod this day!   History made in gmod this day! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:08 pm

you aren't excited by much, are you?
Back to top Go down
Rule-Buster

Rule-Buster

PostSubject: Re: History made in gmod this day!   History made in gmod this day! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:13 pm

yeah but this is just stupid i mean its not that amazing, putting 128 in one place happens all the time
Back to top Go down
supλtails3
Gmod Player
Gmod Player
supλtails3

PostSubject: Re: History made in gmod this day!   History made in gmod this day! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:51 pm

no it doesn't this is the first time it's happened on any game by valve, and i was in it.
EDIT: Actually garry's mod is by garry newman not valve so valve fails lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: History made in gmod this day!   History made in gmod this day! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

History made in gmod this day!
Page 1 of 1